New Reach inspires independence for all people affected by homelessness and poverty through a continuum of housing and support using the most innovative, progressive, equitable and inclusive methods.
Our vision is that all children, families and individuals have a safe, secure, affordable home with the services and supports necessary to achieve a fulfilling, self-reliant life; regardless of age, gender, ethnicity/race, religion, sexual orientation or any other social or personal characteristics.
Since 1990, New Reach has implemented best practices across the region to develop a continuum of housing interventions and supports– helping thousands of vulnerable households and families achieve stability and self-reliance. Commitment to long-term impact, focused strategic planning, and talented leadership have grown New Reach from a single ten-bed shelter for women, into a leader in homelessness services. Today, the agency provides a full spectrum of housing services that meet the varying and complicated needs of at-risk families, youth, and individuals. From eviction prevention for public housing residents, to the development of affordable and supportive housing, and everything in between, New Reach serves thousands each year throughout Fairfield and New Haven counties.
At New Reach, we embrace the dreams of those we serve and nurture those dreams with direction and encouragement. New Reach builds bright futures on a foundation of housing, support, and services. We aim for opportunity, we employ cutting-edge tools, we deliver success, and we honor the dignity of all those we serve.
- Integrity: We stand by our values; We are truthful, transparent, and ethical. We are committed to delivering high quality services with respect, honesty, and equity.
- Compassion: We bring humanity and personal kindness to our work by listening and striving to be inclusive in meeting individual needs while maintaining the dignity of our clients.
- Initiative: We strive for excellence. When barriers arise, we draw on three decades of experience, backgrounds, and perspectives to apply an entrepreneurial approach to developing solutions that meet the needs of our diverse community.
- Professionalism: We are a highly disciplined, diverse, results-based organization that invests in quality assurance, is financially accountable and operates from a position of strength and a solid infrastructure.
Housing First, Equality Always!
- Diversity: Through the variety of our backgrounds, experiences and perspectives, we embrace diversity by moving beyond tolerance to understanding and appreciation of each individual we have the pleasure of serving.
- Inclusion: We work together to create an open and welcoming environment that respects and affirms the inherent dignity, value, and uniqueness of all individuals and groups.
- Equity: We are committed to providing fair treatment and access to opportunities that provide the chance for everyone to succeed. We seek to reduce barriers that prevent groups and individuals from fully participating in these opportunities.