Our response to COVID-19
New Reach remains vigilant in ensuring the safety of our clients and staff, which has pivoted but has not paused the delivery of high-quality services to individuals, youth, and families affected by homelessness and poverty. We are truly working one day at a time and individually with each client and staff to make it through this time. The following lists a few of our responsive initiatives currently taking place.
- Our Life Haven shelter is still operating with many adjustments to ensure each person’s safety.
- Our other programs with direct service staff continues to provide support remotely, which provides equal if not increased contact with clients to assess their ongoing health concerns or compounded resource barriers due to the unprecedented side effects of this global pandemic.
- Daily phone calls with housing and other service providers are continuing to ensure safe housing and support to meet each client’s unique needs.
- A continuous drive to promote and conduct deep cleaning, social isolation, and access to needed care and necessities has and continues to be a priority.
- Our leadership has been meeting daily on the subject since the beginning of this outbreak, reevaluating program, client, and staff needs/concerns and implementing carefully planned strategies.
- All-staff and team meetings are being conducted regularly, and;
- Daily comprehensive updates are provided to all staff by Kellyann, our CEO.